Sunday 14 March 2010

Music for pre-lim task cleared.

This is an intermediary post to say that I've finished my evaluation, as a Vlog, if that's okay, it's uploading at the moment and will be on my channel in 5 hours or so. It's better than my previous vlogs because I went back to my previous practice of meticulously editing out all the 'um's, 'ah's and anything else I didn't want. This was because I also returned to my previous practice of converting my video from my camcorder in MP4 format to DivX format as soon as I got them onto the computer (I have the DivX converter, and more surprisingly I got it totally legally and paid for it with actual money). MP4 files don't work well with MoviePlus X3, I might download the 3ivX codec to fix that sometime.
We've finished the preliminary task and that'll be on Jonathan's channel soon-ish, I know he hasn't posted it to his blog yet (I subscribe to it, and I've been checking my feeds periodically all weekend). I've got a memory stick now so I'll get it off the school computers on Monday.
I've sorted out the music, finally I decided to contact Joseph Carmichael (the musician whose music we're using) through a friend request on Facebook (seriously he has almost no contact details, unless you want to get a MySpace account, which I don't).
This is the message I sent him:

Hey, this is Pierre Marshall from Oxford, UK. This seems to be my only way to contact you, it's not a real 'friend request'. I used one of your songs (Farewell to a Season2.mp3) in a Media Studies task, I got it off your page on MusicFromMusicians.com. We're supposed to ask for permission, do you mind me using it?

I also realise the irony of not including my own contact details in the message *facepalm*.

Before going, I said earlier that the BBC was changing it's website, well they launched their beta site. This is what it looks like in chrome (full resolution, but zoomed in):

EDIT: Blogger keeps resizing my photos so they don't come out at full resolution, I should probably fix that too.
blog comments powered by Disqus