Monday 15 March 2010

Preliminary task and it's evaluation

The preliminary task was edited and uploaded on Jonny's account, here it is:


And here's my evaluation:


I missed a few things in that evaluation which I'll go into more detail here.
It was filmed on a Flip Video Ultra HD pocket camcorder. A limitation of this was that it looked quite sanitised, digital. We wanted a grainy image which mimicked more easily the film effect we wanted. And the advantages were was that the film was easy to get off the camera and it shoots in higher resolution.

It doesn't really have any specific audience. If I had to pick one I'd say it appeals to the arty-bohemian bourgeois type.
Class: probably middle class
Age: young, perhaps in their thirties
Gender: seeing as it's only men represented in the film I'd be tempted to say that it appeals more to men, and then I don't think that makes much difference, so it appeals to both genders
Ethnicity: same as above, we're both of the British ethnic group (because we live in Britain) but that makes no difference because the same film could have been made in the USA and nobody would have noticed that the characters there are of the American ethnic group. Actually do they do grades as letters in America? Must look that up sometime...
blog comments powered by Disqus