Thursday 27 May 2010

how to find your blog

I've got lots of free time on this study leave so I've been busy messing around in HTML5 video, and while doing that I somehow managed to stumble across the Blogger API in Google code labs. And I found something to fix a common problem: that a teacher can't find the URL for a student's blog.


Okay, no problem, as long as they have the student's profile there's a solution. Each profile has a unique ID. My ID is 14086874072997756246.
All the teacher needs to do is put that Profile ID in this url:
http://www.blogger.com/feeds/profileID/blogs
So mine is:
http://www.blogger.com/feeds/14086874072997756246/blogs
This is an XML feed which they can put in a feed reader, mine (Google Reader) took me to my first post. From there the teacher can click through to the blog. If not search the XML code for 'alternate' and the url for the blog should be there somewhere. I know it's not an ideal solution but it's not a bad last resort, and it only takes about 2 minutes.

I'm also still planning to film that Modern Warfare machinima, during the holidays, I seem to have a team of enthusiastic people and all I need is a better storyboard and lots of time. Oh and revision, do that as well.


Okay very last thing I just remembered: Passe Partout. Analyse this. Because it's propaganda. And it's brilliant.
blog comments powered by Disqus