Sunday 20 September 2009

Newspapers

I shot this Vlog sometime last week but can't quite remember, anyhow, here it is:

2nd EDIT: Peter commented that the autoplay was getting annoying and seeing as it doesn't play on school PCs there's not much point it being here. Therefore it has been removed, if anyone really wants to see it I'll keep it in the video archive of my (personal) blog and might upload it to YouTube whenever I get an account.


It's come to my attention that the DivX web player doesn't work so well on the browser we have at school. It's not surprising really because the school browser is the 9 year old Internet Explorer 6. Internet standards have moved on and they need to upgrade.

Another possibility is that the school hasn't installed the web player... With no way of letting me install it. This annoys me.

EDIT: I just read the web player documentation and apparently it supports down to Internet Explorer 5. This means that the problem lies in the fact that the school doesn't have the player installed. It doesn't really matter though because we need to have YouTube accounts.

Also the video plays as soon as it's started buffering. I anticipate this could become annoying but I don't know what to do about it. I'll look for a way to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes,
    Please stop the video playing, whenever I come to this page. It made me jump a mile when it started playing after a while.

    ReplyDelete